2009 Goals

Go down

2009 Goals

Post by FRBAdmin on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:44 am

Team,

What are some solid and realistic goals we should set for ourselves this upcoming season? What would YOU like to see?

Chris Peace

FRB Administration

FRBAdmin
Admin

View user profile http://firstreconbattalion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Goals

Post by tylermeyer on Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:42 pm

Just me, I'd say communication would be big to work on

keep up with the radios and all that
tylermeyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stevensmills on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:33 pm

Things I would like to see/things I think we should work on and set goals in: Communication with the radios, hand signals, a “buddy” system, and higher attendance of current members.

Communication:
Everyone should have a basic understanding of radio protocols, such as who should use radios to talk with other squads of the team. Also I think a mandatory radio check should be done before each game.

Hand Signals:
We should go over the team hand signals. If memory serves, I think Chris handed out a sheet of them at the beginning of last season. If not, I think we should practice some basic signals so we don’t have to use the radios between squad members when it’s not necessary (see “buddy system”).

“Buddy” system:
I think we should have a team practice day that focuses mainly on inner squad movements and firing lines. This would focus on areas such as who watches whose blind spot when moving through an area, how to pull back while covering each other, and communicating with ought radios when in close proximity to the enemy team (using hand signals). Whether it’s with a 2 man squad or a full squad, we should go over these basics. I know some of this may seem like a no brainer, but I think if we had a uniform way to act and react within a squad then were likely to decrease our chances of slip ups and improve our reaction time to unpredictable’s. Plus I think it’s a good way to bring everyone closer as a whole unit.

Attendance:
This one’s simple, and not exactly a goal but it’s something to shoot for. Higher consistent attendance of First Recon members.
stevensmills

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down