Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June 29th Goals

3 posters

Go down

June 29th Goals Empty June 29th Goals

Post by FRBAdmin Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:30 pm

Team,

As we move out yet again for a deployment, we should have some clear cut goals we wish to acheive.

Obviously we want to win, or contribute to a win, but the question is WHAT do we do in order to win?

I think our last game had a lot of issues with communication which we need to work on so with that in mind I believe our goals should be to

1) Learn our surroundings. I would take the opportunity to print off a copy of the Tactical Map and get your bearings on exactly how the field is layed out.

2) Take our time. Before games begin there is usually a "Hurry up and lets play" attitude before the whistle blows. Lets slow down, look at our options and call ourselves ready when we are indeed ready.

3) Coordinate. I have a goal in this game to trick our opponents at least once, or severely cripple and botch an opposing attack.

What are your thoughts?

FRBAdmin
Admin

https://firstreconbattalion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

June 29th Goals Empty Re: June 29th Goals

Post by robcordes Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:07 pm

First and foremost, I think we need to get our communication system up and running. Every team member must know exactly what is going on all the time and know what to do when duty calls.

As far as surroundings go, the best way to learn the field is to play it. I think I've played there three or four times and I am still finding areas I didn't know about.

I agree with you about the pre-game attitude. We need to take more time in planning out what is going to happen and make sure the game goes the way we want it to go. Let's try not to have anymore "Hey, you three flank left, we'll go up the middle and the rest will go left." We need to get a little more sophisticated and have a backup plan in case things don't go according to plan.

Coordinating, along with communication was probably our weakest aspect in our game. Axle is a very good leader and strategist, and I think that's why we got our butts handed to us most of the time. We need to get more creative.

By the way...

The weekend of the 29th worked out so it would be the only weekend that we could get our whole family together up at our cottage. I might end up having to drive up separately and then drive back down to Lake Orion Saturday night. So... there is a slight chance I may not make it on the 29th, but hopefully things will work out.
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by FRBAdmin Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:35 pm

I agree totally.

Hey guys, we're getting seriously impaired here with guys having to drop out of the game. We know about these outings months in advance (most of the time). Lets try to make them and let our families know our schedules.

FRBAdmin
Admin

https://firstreconbattalion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:36 pm

I told them a couple months ago but as I said, this was the only weekend that my sister, grandparents, and cousins could come.

My parents won't let me drive down Saturday because of gas, so I won't be able to make it on Sunday.
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by natebjork Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:34 am

my trip has been payed for for a year there was no way that it could be changed. sorry.

natebjork

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down