Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

August 10th Recap

5 posters

Go down

August 10th Recap Empty August 10th Recap

Post by FRBAdmin Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:51 am

Hello team,

Its been a bit difficult to get to the forum over the last few days, so I'm posting this now.

We were out there for a dreadful day, rainy, windy, the whole gambit, but we were successful in winning 2 out of the 3 games we played. We did very well over all, but there were some things that we had at Lone Wolf that we did NOT have on Sunday, most of that being my fault with my radios not having and holding a charge.

The mark of a good player is one that doesn't get too excited, and keeps their head in the midst of chaos. With that in mind, we need to move to more clear, and direct communication.

Radio in a kill, radio in your death, radio in the amount of resistance you are reaching. These are CRUCIAL to the bigger picture. I don't know how to solve this very very important issue, so I'm looking for suggestions.

Other than that, great job guys!

FRBAdmin
Admin

https://firstreconbattalion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

August 10th Recap Empty Re: August 10th Recap

Post by joshloar Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:48 pm

i believe radioing in that your out would fall under the dead man talking category. Unless you happen to be on the radio when you call yourself out.
joshloar
joshloar

Back to top Go down

Post by travisfraser Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:50 pm

I don't think it is dead-man talking. I believe that in most scenario events/fields, you are allowed to radio in signaling that you are dead.

travisfraser

Back to top Go down

Post by robcoenen Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:18 am

See I had always believed that radio'ing your death fell under the dead man talking... Just becuase if your team knows that your no longer in the game, it could aid them in changing up stratagy to compensate for your loss. But I am unsure of the "official" rules for this. I just know that when I yell "out" I cease all radio contact.

i.e. if you were the only defender at the base and you radio your death. The team now knows to fall back to defend the base.
robcoenen
robcoenen

http://www.RedefiningConcept.com

Back to top Go down

Post by travisfraser Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:05 pm

I get what you mean. It may be different wherever you go. I'm pretty sure that in SPPL rules, it actually states that once you've been shot, you have something like 3 seconds to radio in your death and once that 3 seconds is over you can't radio anything or else you're penalized.

travisfraser

Back to top Go down

Post by FRBAdmin Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:50 pm

Well, at the very least when there is a detachment that leaves the base, there should be a guy who should hang back as much as humanly possible to keep that information flowing to the base. Certainly if that dead man can't talk, he'll be seen leaving the field.

FRBAdmin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by robcoenen Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:59 pm

Travis you are correct, the SPPL rules state that you can radio in you death. I just, personally, have always felt that it was dead man talking. I figure that is the reason everyone does a radio check and knows that they are being heard. That way if there is no responce, you can assume that the player is out of the game.

To me, the radios are a tool for the game and once shot out I am no longer in that game. So I observe radio silence.
robcoenen
robcoenen

http://www.RedefiningConcept.com

Back to top Go down

Post by travisfraser Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:06 pm

Again, I understand where you're coming from; if you're dead, then you're dead. Obviously dead men can't talk. I'm not necessarily for radioing in your own death or anything, but I think it just matters as to where you play and what they say. If they say you can't, then I'm cool with that, if the rules say you can, then why go against them. It's just important to know what rules are in effect where.

travisfraser

Back to top Go down

Post by FRBAdmin Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:26 pm

I think it would just be better policy if we observed that you cannot phone in your death, that way there are no mistakes no matter where we go.

Its just a matter of getting everyone online and VERY proficient with using the radio...then I can assume its not just someone lacking focus and I can assess a worst case scenario.

Like I said, if we have someone phoning in our players deaths, then it works just as well. Let me know how many you are down ya know?

FRBAdmin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:33 pm

I think that it's a good idea, whether or not it would be fair I don't know.

I agree, we did not play as well as we did at Lone Wolf, however we did have some things working against us. Not everyone had radios, partially because I forgot mine for the second time. Rolling Eyes Also, at Lone Wolf, I don't think the caliber of players we were facing was comparable to what we were facing in Leonard. Most of those guys play quite a bit and know what they are doing.

All in all, I think it was a good day of play and should go down as a victory.
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down