Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tippmann Challenge Discussion and Check-In

+4
robcoenen
tylermeyer
FRBAdmin
robcordes
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tippmann Challenge Discussion and Check-In Empty Tippmann Challenge Discussion and Check-In

Post by robcordes Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:01 pm

Tippmann Challenge Discussion and Check-In Tippmannblack

GAME DESCRIPTION:
This is the only event of its kind! This is where Tippmann Guns take on every other Gun in the World. Be part of history in the making at this giant event. Join up with thousands of players from all over the US and Canada to be part of this big game. You will be battling it out in a massive two day Monster Game format. You will ride in military troop transports, capture the enemy's bunkers, purchase assault missions (Tank Application & Rules) and you can sign up to be an officer to help plan and execute your team's strategy. See the latest in paintball guns and accessories at the vendor trade show and maybe, you will be a winner in our famous Mega-Prize give away. This is the most fun you will ever have playing paintball! Pre-register Now and $ave. Pre-register before August 1st. for only $30.00 for one day or $55.00 for both days. We are a Field Paint Only (FPO) Paintball Playfield. FREE AIR FILLS all day long! We'll see you in the jungle!

SCHEDULE:
Gate opens Saturday and Sunday Wake up call: 6:00am
Registration Starts: 7:00am
Radar Starts: 7:00am
Game Starts - Phase I and III: 10:00am
Game Breaks - Phase I and III: 1:00pm
Mega Prize Giveaway: 2:00pm
Game Resumes - Phase II and IV: 3:00pm
Game Ends - Phase II and IV: 6:00pm
Rentals must be unloaded and returned: 6:15pm

REGISTRATION PRICING AND DEADLINE DATES: NO Exceptions!

AUGUST 1st, 2008 - ONE DAY PRE-REGISTRATION: SAVE $10.00 OFF Gate Price - $30.00
AUGUST 1st, 2008 - TWO DAY PRE-REGISTRATION: SAVE $10.00 OFF Gate Price - $55.00

SEPTEMBER 27th & 28th, 2008 - ONE DAY GATE PRICE: $40.00
SEPTEMBER 27th & 28th, 2008 - TWO DAY GATE PRICE: $65.00

SEMI-AUTO RENTALS: $10.00 per day (98 Custom with CO-2 tank & Goggle System plus! Free CO-2)
MACHINE GUN RENTALS: $20.00 per day (98 Custom with RT system, CO-2 tank & Goggle System plus! FREE CO-2)
We are a Field Paint Only Paintball Playfield (FPO)
Buy your paint when you pre-register and $AVE Over $8.00 per case!
Exotic Sportz FIREBALL Premium Paintballs (Inferno grade paint) that shoots flawlessly in Flatline Barrel Systems.
Truckload Sale Price for only $49.00 + 6% Sales Tax = $51.94 per case / 2000rds when you Pre-Register.
You must purchase & use our Fireball brand field paint at the playfield.
All paint grenades & mines must use the Tippmann baby blue paint in them.

LODGING INFO:
You MUST Ask for the “HELL SURVIVORS CORPORATE DISCOUNT”
All lodging prices are subject to change without notice.
Amerihost Inn & Suites Howell (517) 546-0712 $69.00 per room
Kensington Inn Howell (517) 548-3510 $65.00 per room
Brighton Courtyard by Marriott Brighton (810) 225-9200 $94-114 per room
Best Western Howell (517) 548-2900 Call for Rates
Best Western Whitmore Lake (734) 449-2838 Call for Rates

CAMPING INFO:

Hell Creek Ranch Hell (734) 878-3632 Call for Rates
This campground is approx. 5 miles from our paintball playfield.
H20, electric, & showers available at extra cost
State Park Campgrounds 1-800-44-PARKS or michigan.gov/dnr
Shooting or throwing paint & dry-firing are prohibited at State Park Campgrounds & Hell Creek Ranch.

------------------------------------------

Please post and tell me:

1. Are you staying for one or two days?
2. Do you need to borrow a Tippmann?
3. Do you need a ride down?
4. Do you think we should all stay in the same hotel Friday night and move out as a team?

I think that #4 is a yes. Otherwise they will park us all in different places and it will be hard to get organized. If we are all parked next to each other, it will make everything easier.
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Tippmann Challenge Discussion and Check-In Empty Re: Tippmann Challenge Discussion and Check-In

Post by FRBAdmin Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:20 pm

Rob,

I PM'ed you the team phone directory. If anyone else wants it, let me know!

FRBAdmin
Admin

https://firstreconbattalion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tippmann Challenge Discussion and Check-In Empty Re: Tippmann Challenge Discussion and Check-In

Post by tylermeyer Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:29 pm

um, I'm still a rookie when it comes to the big events like this, could someone explain it a bit more to me? please

I've got the gist, but a little more info never hurt, right?
tylermeyer
tylermeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:42 am

Thanks Chris.

Hell Survivors is famous for big events like this. It's pretty much a big version of what we play in Leonard or at Lone Wolf, with a few twists. I've never been to a Tippmann Challenge, but I assume it's the same as their other big games.

At the beginning of the day, you register, buy paint, fill air, and all that kind of stuff. After that, get your gear ready and head to the staging area. They usually do a safety speech and thank all the sponsors and all that other stuff, and then the games begin. The two teams start at opposite ends of the field, just like usual. Once the game starts, there is reinsertions every 15 min or so. If you get shot out, walk back to the staging area (or other reinsertion point) and wait to be reinserted. This goes on for a few hours, take a prize break, and then do it all over again. They are really a lot of fun.
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by robcoenen Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:27 am

The big games are all points and/or money based. Your team gets points and/or money for each eliminated player and for holding/taking/gathering objectives. I know I don't get too caught up in the scenario aspect of these games. Like this weekend for the Monster Game, I am planning on walking the field on Friday, getting a good idea where I can dig in and just set up ambushes all day. I'm looking at just picking players off all day long.

There aren't many points awarded for eliminated players, but they are points and it is fun.

And depending on how many would be interested I should be able to get you into the VIP camping area (if anyone would be interested in camping, that is). And are you guys just planning on playing for just one day or both?

Last edited by robcoenen on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
robcoenen
robcoenen

http://www.RedefiningConcept.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tylermeyer Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:04 pm

Cool, thanx guys
makes a lot more sense
tylermeyer
tylermeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by stevensmills Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:44 pm

Check-in, Mills
1. I plan on staying for both days so long as there are enough 1st Recon members also participating in the 2nd day.

2. I’ve got my A5, so no need for me to borrow.

3. I can drive and maybe take one extra person, given that they split the gas money with me.

4. I think we should all stay in the same hotel Friday night as a team, yes.
stevensmills
stevensmills

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:29 pm

Thanks for the input guys.

I know I wouldn't mind camping, especially if were in the VIP section. The only problem with that is that not everyone may have camping gear. That would also make it easier to stick together as a team. So, all I need to know is if there is anyone that CAN'T camp for any reason? My dad and I probably have room for one more in our tent.

Robert -
Is there any limit to how many you can get into VIP camping? I want to know before we commit to camping.
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by tylermeyer Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:34 pm

I know we have a couple extra tents, if anyone needs it

and by that time I'll have my car, so I should be able to get some extra stuff down
tylermeyer
tylermeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by tylermeyer Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:46 pm

oh yea

1. I'll stay as long as the team stays, and I'm up for both days, depending on school

2. nope, I have a 98c so, I'm good for the tippmann side

3. this is in sept, right? then no, I shouldn't need a ride down, I just need directions

4. sounds like a plan to me
tylermeyer
tylermeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by natebjork Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:39 pm

yah im comming. i dont know what day. camping sounds good though so im planning on 2 days. depends on what my dad has to say though he is still the boss on what i can and cant do.

natebjork

Back to top Go down

Post by joshloar Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:29 pm

i wouldn't mind camping for both days.
joshloar
joshloar

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:33 am

Ok, sounds like camping is our best bet. Robert, is there any limit in how many people you can get in to VIP camping? I'm assuming that the campsites are on the Hell Survivors premises, or are they elsewhere?
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by robcoenen Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:46 am

I had 5 extra players camping in the VIP area on Friday night (in two large tents) and only 2 extra players on Saturday night (in one large tent). But as long as no one goes around bragging about camping in the VIP area, while not being VIP's everything will be golden. The don't ask. And Josh saw the camping site yesterday and can contest for the size and vacancy of it. There is room to pack in some extra tents.

But just as a warning: there are a few of guys camping there with fowl mouths. So if you object to "GUY TALK" I would recommend making other plans. They try to tone it down, but when they start to drink they can get a little wild.
robcoenen
robcoenen

Back to top Go down

Post by FRBAdmin Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:59 am

A few things regarding this warning.

1) If you will be playing together, I would ask that each of you make sure you are out there in uniform and representing First Recon.

-AND ALONG WITH THAT-

2) Make sure you understand that when you put on our uniform, and our patch that you represent every single one of us...even if there are elements that aren't there. There may be drinking going on, and shenannigans, which can be fun, but refrain from this yourselves.

Have FUN, but don't do anything to tarnish an image that we don't yet have in the community.

FRBAdmin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:45 pm

Yup, we'll keep it under control.

So is there any need for us to consolidate into just a few tents or should we not have to worry about how much space we take up?
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by FRBAdmin Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:32 pm

Just remember we do have our shelter, which you guys can certainly take with you! It IS team equipment afterall!

FRBAdmin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:14 am

Yeah, I was planning on taking that. How about I take it home after the game on the 10th?
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by FRBAdmin Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:23 am

No problem!

FRBAdmin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joshloar Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:44 am

The camp sight was pretty big from what i saw. I want to thank rob ahead of time for offering us this chance.

Also i would like to remind everyone preregistration ends on the first so get going.
joshloar
joshloar

Back to top Go down

Post by robcoenen Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:48 am

robcordes wrote:So is there any need for us to consolidate into just a few tents or should we not have to worry about how much space we take up?

Fewer tents would bring fewer questions.
robcoenen
robcoenen

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:21 pm

Thanks for the heads up Josh. Anyone that has not yet pre-registered for the Tippmann side please do so. Buy a case of paint while your at it since it's discounted. And yes, thanks Rob for sneaking us in. It makes this whole thing a lot easier not having to drive back and forth from a hotel.

Since we've only had two guys say they can't go, I think that we have roughly 8 people going. I haven't seen or heard anything from Justin in a while, so I'm guessing he's not going. If we can find a couple big tents, I don't think we'll have a problem getting 4 people in each. I believe my tent holds 4, but it would be pretty tight. My dad might be coming down as well, and I don't know about Tyler, Jordan, and Nate. They might be bringing parents/guests as well. Do you think 3 tents would be ok?
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by FRBAdmin Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:50 pm

I can tell you pretty definitively that myself, Ryan, and Justin won't be able to make it. I'm unsure about Travis.

FRBAdmin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:07 pm

Travis said he isn't going either. That brings us down to 7 right?
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by FRBAdmin Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:19 pm

At least yeah.

FRBAdmin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next