Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tippmann Challenge Discussion and Check-In

+4
robcoenen
tylermeyer
FRBAdmin
robcordes
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tippmann Challenge Discussion and Check-In - Page 3 Empty Re: Tippmann Challenge Discussion and Check-In

Post by tylermeyer Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:57 pm

cool, I'll see you then with the tents
tylermeyer
tylermeyer

Back to top Go down

Tippmann Challenge Discussion and Check-In - Page 3 Empty Re: Tippmann Challenge Discussion and Check-In

Post by robcordes Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:13 pm

You know what, now that I think about it, I don't think we're going to need your tents. We only have 5 people now, and I have a 4 person tent, so as long as someone has another tent we should be set.

So, anyone else that has a tent, BRING IT! If we don't use it, oh well. Even if it is a two person tent we could still use it.

Rob, a few questions for ya:
- What time should we be there Friday night to guarantee we can get spots?
- How easy will it be to find each other?

Here's a packing list from Special Ops:

I am frequently asked one simple question by new players: What should I bring to a 24-hour scenario paintball game?

There is not a simple answer, but I can provide a general guideline that may be helpful. As for me and my team (Team Lightning Force), it seems the more years we play paintball, the more equipment we cannot live without. Currently for a group of six guys going to an event, we usually will fill a cargo van and a pickup. Over the years we have really come to like our creature comforts.

Let’s start with the basics: (My Preferred Order of Importance)

* Money
* Toilet paper (It seems like every field will run out of this by Sunday. They also work as napkins.)
* Baby Power (Sweating in the woods can cause you to chaff.)
* Paintball Goggles (and Fog Treatment)
* Paintball Marker
* Air Tanks (CO2 or Compressed Air)
* Loader
* Barrel Condom
* Paintball Vest or Harness with Pods
* Boots/Cleats
* 2-3 Pairs of Pants
* 4 Pair Undies
* 5 Pair Socks
* 4 T-Shirts
* 2-3 Jerseys or Light Camo Jackets
* Personal Hygiene Products (Toothpaste, Soap etc.)
* Credit Card (If you get in a pinch because you forgot something, the credit card can save your bacon.)

This is all you need to get you through the weekend.

Other Important Extras:

* Paintball Gloves
* Extra Boots/Cleats
* Extra Marker
* Marker Parts and Tool Kit
* Extra Air Tanks
* Extra Goggles
* Extra Loaders
* Bandanas (Double as towels and rags.)
* Paper Towels
* Radios
* 2 Flashlights
* Extra batteries for Loader, Marker, Goggle Fan, Flashlight, and Radios
* Folding Chair
* Tent
* Lantern
* Easyup tarp
* Sleeping bag
* Air Mattress
* Grill
* Paper Plates and Utensils
* Cooler
* Food (Reduces your costs.)
* Snacks (Try fruits and something salty like pretzels to replenish the salt you lose when sweating.)
* Gatorade or Water (Stay away from soda.)
* Folding Table (Great for working on your marker.)
* Duct Tape or Electrical Tape
* Garbage Bags (NEVER leave a mess at a field. Plus, the garbage bags can double as ponchos.)
* Rain Poncho (If you don’t care for the “garbage bag style”), rain ponchos or garbage bags are also great for keeping you and your paintball gear dry.)

Some items may vary from event to event but this list is what we bring to most of the tournaments we attend. Always check with the field to see what type of facilities are available.

I hope this helps all the newer scenario guys out there. I’m Rick Wloch from Team Lightning Force and I’ll see you in my sights.

DON'T FORGET THE RADIOS! These are essential for a scenario game! If you get shot out without a radio you will have no way of knowing where we are when you are reinserted. I do have one extra to cover for anyone that forgets or needs one.

I also need a final check in, please tell me if you are not going to make it.
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by tylermeyer Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:28 pm

alright, well, if you do think you need them, just gimme a shout

and again, I won't be able to make this one
tylermeyer
tylermeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by robcoenen Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:41 am

robcordes wrote:Rob, a few questions for ya:
- What time should we be there Friday night to guarantee we can get spots?
- How easy will it be to find each other?

Me and my buddies should be there around 1 or 2. But whatever time works best for you guys is fine. Remember registration ends at 5 for those of you who want to beat the long lines on Saturday morning.

When you come in to the driveway, follow the road back like you were going to park in the back lot; just before the road splits (around campsite 4) you will see our tent city on your right. You can drop off your gear, but you will have to park in the back lot. Also look for my Ford Ranger, it is white with a solid white cap. If you have any issues just call 313-212-5110.
robcoenen
robcoenen

http://www.RedefiningConcept.com

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:25 pm

OK, so where is it in this picture?

Tippmann Challenge Discussion and Check-In - Page 3 HellSurvivors
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by joshloar Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:11 pm

Tippmann Challenge Discussion and Check-In - Page 3 Map
joshloar
joshloar

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:43 pm

OK, thanks. I should be able to find it.

I know I won't be able to get there before 5:00 or so, but I'm preregistered.
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by stevensmills Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:49 pm

Im sorry, but I wont be able to make it to the game. I have a job opertunity coming up that weekend.
stevensmills
stevensmills

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:35 pm

Yeah, I'm trying to find a job as well.

Now we're down to four people:
Me
Rob Coenen
Josh Loar
Jordan Moran (haven't heard from in a while)

Again, everyone just bring a tent, we shouldn't have any problems with room.
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:13 pm

A couple more questions:

What do you typically do for meals? When I was there they didn't have hardly any food to buy.

I won't be asked to show my VIP card or anything at the entrance will I?
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by robcoenen Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:50 pm

robcordes wrote:A couple more questions:

What do you typically do for meals? When I was there they didn't have hardly any food to buy.

I won't be asked to show my VIP card or anything at the entrance will I?

You are correct, there aren't many food places there. The ones that will be there will only be serving lunches. But I am the cook for my group of friends, I bring a portable kitchen and make pancakes in the mornings. And the guys bring burgers or something for lunch and the evenings that I cook. But I would recommend a small camp stove, if that isn't a way you want to go. I can throw some extra pancakes on in the morning if I can get a few of bucks to cover the materials, i.e. mix, suryp, plates, forks, fuel and such (say $2 per breakfast or something like that). The way I work it out with my friends, is I cover the breakfast and cooking supplies and they handle the lunches and dinners, so I can't really help you out too much with lunch and dinner. There is also McDonalds and Wendys that is about 1-1/2 miles away, as well as a Bushes store for groceries if you need anything. And make sure you bring water, pop, sports drinks... or whatever you plan on drinking in a cooler with ice. You will be much further ahead vs. buying at the field.

As for being asked for a VIP card, I have been a VIP for two years now and have never been asked for my VIP card. So I don't think it will be an issue. You will have to park in the general parking area, but that is a given.
robcoenen
robcoenen

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:17 pm

Yeah, I've got a little JetBoil camp stove that I use to make freeze-dried food. It's really quite delicious. Beef stroganoff is my favorite. Very Happy I'll be bringer a cooler and all that stuff as well. I'm really more of a cold breakfast kind of person, so I'll probably bring cereal and donuts or something.

Thanks for the tips.
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:05 am

Do you think there will still be room in the staging area to set up the team shelter when I get there? If not maybe one of you guys can take it.
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by robcoenen Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:30 am

robcordes wrote:Do you think there will still be room in the staging area to set up the team shelter when I get there? If not maybe one of you guys can take it.

Saturday morning tends to be when all the other "team" shelters go up... So if you get there anytime on Friday, you should be fine.
robcoenen
robcoenen

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:14 pm

OK, sounds good.
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:34 pm

I have to do some stuff or my grandma and will be doing my breakfast shopping down there tomorrow, so I won't be there until 5:30ish probably.

I'm hoping my A-5 is done Josh? If it's not, I'm bringing an extra one so no biggie.
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:26 am

Hey guys, minor change in plans.

I came down with a cold yesterday, and it got a little worse today. I'm going to rest up today and get a good sleep in my own bed tonight. I'll try to be there around 8:00 Saturday morning. Hopefully there will still be room in the staging area for our canopy. If you don't think there will be, if you want to swing by my place and grab it you can, although I don't think it's on the way for either of you.
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by joshloar Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:12 pm

it will be ready but i am unsure if i am going to make it now. so i might have a freind drop it off to rob cohen at the game . Rob has the details.
joshloar
joshloar

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:21 pm

Alright, I'll give him a call.
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:52 pm

I'm not sure if I'm going either, I'm still feeling crappy.
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:48 pm

How was it Rob?
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by robcoenen Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:57 pm

Are you feeling better Rob?

It was great! Tippmann lost, but at least we don't cheat as much as the world team. There was rampant cheating going on, from players shooting hot (enough to crack a pair of lenses on one player) to just plain wiping. I pegged a guy with a single shot from a pump and watched it break on his chest, he dropped back about 10 ft (I could still see him), wiped it and came back in and I was able to hit him again. But all in all, I had a great time (4 surrenders with a pump didn't hurt my weekend either).

Glad you made it out to play Josh. Too bad more of the team was unable to make it.
robcoenen
robcoenen

Back to top Go down

Post by robcordes Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:46 pm

Yeah, I think I'm pretty much over it now. Sucks that it had to come at just the wrong time though.

Glad you and Josh had a good time. I hate cheaters too, but at a big game like that, you know it's going to happen a lot.

We need to try to make it to more big games as a team next year, both of the ones we tried this year didn't work at all.
robcordes
robcordes

Back to top Go down

Post by joshloar Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:56 pm

there as someone shooting hot enough to break through a hopper.
joshloar
joshloar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3